MAKALU EXPEDITION 8,463 M
Mount Makalu is an isolated peak, located just 22 km east of Mount Everest & Situated between Everest and Kanchenjunga, on the Nepal-China border. Mt. Makalu is the 5th highest mountain on the Earth with its height 8,463m and considered one of the harder eight-thousanders. Mt. Makalu has steep pitches and knige-edged ridges. The final ascent of the summit pyramid involves technical rock climbing.
An American team in 1954 first attempted to climb but couldn't. It was first climbed on May 15, 1955 by Lionel Terray and Jean Couzy of a French expedition led by Jean Franco. Franco, G. Magnone and Sirdar Gyaltsen Norbu summitted the next day, followed by Bouvier, S. Coupe, Leroux and A. Vialatteon the 17th. The French team climbed Makalu by the north face and northeast ridge, via the saddle between Makalu and Kangchungtse (the Makalu-La), establishing the standard route.
Expedition costs include:
- All transportation in Nepal, including round-trip flights from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar
- 5 night in Hotel Holly Himalaya in Kathmandu including breakfast on twin sharing
- Food and accommodation during the trek and climb.
- All group equipment needed to reach base camp and climb the mountain
- Sherpa, porters, liaison officer, camp staff and 1 personal climbing guide. Cook and kitchen helper at Base Camp
- All necessary paper works including climbing permit
- 2 bottles of 3ltr Poisk oxygen and TopOut Masks- regulators and back up masks (extra oxygen use USD 600 per bottle)
- Availability of second attempt oxygen supplies.
- Equipment allowance and daily wages for all Nepali staffs
- Summit bonus
- Heated dinning tent and solar panels for charging photo equipment and computer at Base Camp
- Communication in base camp
- Insurance for all Nepali staffs and porters including helicopter rescue provision.
- Special welcome and farewell dinner
Expedition costs do not include:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- All personal climbing equipments
- All personal expenses
- Tips for the staffs
- Personal medical and evacuation insurance of climbing members
- Garbage Deposit
Day 01 Arrival at KTM airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02-03 Rest in Kathmandu, expedition briefing and Preparation
Day 04 Flight from KTM domestic airport to Tumlingtar and drive to Num
Day 05 Trek from Num to Seduwa
Day 06 Trek to Tashi Goun
Day 07 Trek to Khongma-La
Day 08 Trek to Mumbuk
Day 09 Trek to Nebe Kharka
Day 10 Trek to Makalu B.C.
Day 11 Rest day at Makalu B.C.
Day 12 Makalu B.C to High camp
Day 13-43 Climbing period.
Day 44 Trek back to Merak from Makalu B.C.
Day 45 Trek back to Mumbuk.
Day 46 Trek back to Tashi Goun.
Day 47 Trek back to Num.
Day 48 Drive back to Tumlingtar.
Day 49 Fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 50 Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 51 Final departure.
Contact us for more details !
Thank you for visiting us !!!