We had a light snow fall overnight ~ ½ inches, but it was clear. We had decided to sleep in to allow Terri more time to rest. Unfortunately she did not sleep well. After breakfast at 9 AM we decided to head on up to Machhermo. The elevation gain of 1,250 ft. and distance of about 4 miles will hopefully not be too much for Terri. Terri started a round of antibiotics this morning, which should help in a few days. Obviously it will do little for today.
We hiked up to Luza (14,403) where we had lunch. Again Terri was unable to eat much but was able to drink some liquids. After lunch we had a shorter time and arrived in Machhermo at 2 PM. Even though the route today was much shorter than the previous day it was the toughest day for Terri. Again we discussed options including heading back down in the morning. In the end we decided again to wait until the morning to see how Terri was doing.